Youth and Parenting
The Somali Bantu Association provides the support and guidance needed for young refugees to adjust to their new homeland – through sports activities, after-school programs, and homework help — and assists parents in developing effective parenting skills by strengthening their communication and coping skills.
- Case Management: This service provides youth direct support as they work to find a job, apply for college, obtain financial aid, rent an apartment, pay bills, and meet their personal goals.
- SBAOA Curriculum: Our SBAOA staff present weekly classes and monthly workshops covering a variety of topics such as: money management, employment, career options, housing, education, and personal growth.
- Community Forums and Events: SBAOA partners in the community host events to give youth resources, knowledge, and a chance to grow in areas they need to become self-sufficient.
- Drop-in Center: We provide youth a safe place to go to spend their free time or meet with their SBAOA case manager.
- Computer Lab: Our lab offers opportunities for skill building and research as well as one-on-one case management.
Reach Out & Get Involved
Ask a question, leave a comment, or suggestion. We are here to provide ease and comfort to transition to the US. Please do not hesitate to contact us.